What has been keeping me busy?
- electrical work - i turned a "ya, we can put an overhead light in the bedroom" into a complete re-wiring of the second story of my house... i found knob n tube, its gotta go, attic induced back pain ensues and will likely become a summer theme
- work work - work has been VERY tumultuous lately, and likely not going to slow down for 18 months. I predict overtime, stress, highs n lows, precipitation is expected
- running - i've been running like a mofo lately, i'm running in the half marathon next weekend and have been training for about 11 weeks, avg'ing about 4 runs a week, about 40km a week total. I'm f'in tired!!!
- fambly times - i was outside of edmonton recently visiting fambly. Hit up some rural areas, hit the mall, hung out, it was really great, got to meet some family i've never met. I'd never want to live in edmonton, but its an interesting place to visit.
- tweeting - because of lack of time i rarely hit up google reader anymore, and get most of my info from twitter. I follow @techcrunch, @ottawacitizen, @pitchforkmedia and misc ottawa folks. I post more musings there under @mobob than here thats for sure, its just way quicker and more convenient from my iphone that carving what feels like a stone tablet (ie this blog)
- thinking about my prize - i won a prize over at the esi blog and i'm not sure which option i will go for. I don't want to be the cause of delightful banter and potentially unwanted attention so i don't think i'll pick the metablogging option, a recipe would make sense but doesn't seem exciting enough, so it'll likely be the topical one... just need an idea that would make sense and will get past their ethics committee and puddle of red tape - in fact, i think the esi's ethics committee of today would've poopooed the very raison d'etre of the esi's early days (ie metablogging the 5th muse)... or perhaps i'm being overly harsh
Go outside and breath its beautiful out there damn it!! Hang your clothes outside!!!